Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Thoughts on Indebtedness and Life

I am so thankful and highly indebted to many of my friends. I was aware of this indebtedness not long ago. I have an outlet in friends. Im these friends I am free to talk, to joke, to be myself and know that at the end of the day, I will still have friends. I look back on some of the things I have said, done and joked about and wonder that I am not alone and destitute. To these, I say thank you.

Jeff, the love of my life! I am so indebted to your kindness and generosity! You have borne the scorn of many my haste decisions and still choose me over all others. You are faithful to me and have taught me the truth in friendship and love. I am so in love with you!

Garrett and Paul who were my first lasting friends at Vanguard, thank you for putting up with me and pressing though. For being a constant friend even when it was hard. I know now that I was the awkward attached clingy girl who was by no means modest in my opinion and emotion and lacked the reserve I should have had. I made you both awkward more times than we can count. I know that those experiences have led us to the depth of relationship that we have now, but I wonder if it would have been a bit more mature, had I been.

Val, Boo and Keck- I think so highly of each of you and respect you to the greatest degree. I would not be the woman I am today without such encouraging friends as you (if that is a good thing or bad thing I am still working out- however please take it as a compliment rather than accusation.) You have heard my raw opinion on life, love, religion, relationships, flowers, men, and school more often than any others ever dare. You accept me, and disciple me and you have the right to do so. You are my closest and dearest friends though distance has come between us. I know, should ever the occasion arise, that I can come to you in an instant.

Isaiah, my heart is grieved over the chasm between us. I know not how to repair and mend the situation. I don't know if it is possible, or wanted. I do not know where to begin or what to say. My silence had been one of thought, concern and grief, not indifference. However wide the distance now, does not change the impact of your friendship with me in the past. You taught me how to think about things that I never thought to think of. Question what before was unquestionable and look at life through lens of other colors. It is for you I am thankful to high degree, and miss more than words can express.

There are so many others that I am indebted to for teaching me friendship and who have walked life with me when there was no reward in it for them. I do not understand this commitment, but know that for them I would do the same. Not for the debt, but for love.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

1 comment:

Valmicu said...

I love you. I feel the same way about you. I miss you tons and wish we lived closer for sure! You have been and will continue to be a huge part of who I am and continue to shape who I will be. Thank you! I count it a privilege to be your friend!